Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Seth's Summary: 11 weeks

Our little chatter box is now 12 weeks old! But, as I've let on, Seth is revealing himself to be quite the talker. He is our baby boy....no longer an infant, but soon to be 3 months old!


Seth and I had a playdate with our friends Martha and her little baby girl, Lauren. It's so fun to hear the difference between baby boy and baby girl coos and chattering. Seth's sounds like a boy as compared to Lauren's little baby girl coos. I love it!


Eating: Seth is still eating well, which is evident in the weightiness that I've noticed in him the last week or so. I'm so glad I've been able to still BF Seth, so I hope it continues.


Naps: Seth has a good, long 1.5 hr nap in the morning and his subsequent naps during the day range from 45 min. - 1.25 hours. I was having a hard time getting Seth settled down for his naps, but then I found a nice little routine to help him get ready for his nap. First, we read a book in his nursery chair, then I sing a song to him for a few minutes. He calms down very well, but as soon as I turn his noise machine on and then lay him down in his crib, he starts to fuss and cry. I stay with him a few minutes while he finds his fingers to suck on. Usually he falls asleep within 5-10 minutes.


I laughed so hard this morning because Seth had a full morning of a bath and his neck stretches. He was nearly falling asleep in my lap just a little before 9am, so I headed for his room. I sang a song and lay Seth down in his crib. Right on cue, he yelled in protest but as I put his arms in his swaddle sack, he fell right asleep on me. That was a first that Seth fell asleep for a nap before I even stepped out of the room. I'm racking my brain for the magic trip, because I need to try that again!


Nights: Seth does so well at night! Our evenings and nights have been pleasant. Jason feeds Seth a bottle at 10:30-11pm and then puts Seth down for the night. He goes to sleep without a struggle and sleeps until 7-7:30am. I'm counting this little blessing, because who knows when Seth will change on us??


Playtime: I found that Seth's ideal awake time is really around 1.5 hrs right now, including his feeding time. After I feed Seth, I play with him in the living room on his play mat. Or, I'll do his neck stretches with some cuddle times in between the stretches because he does not like to have those stretches done!

My favorite thing is to go into Seth's room in the morning to wake him up or get him up from his crib if he's already awake. He is so happy! He giggles, squeals and gives me the biggest smile!


Other fun Seth facts:

- He is an absolute hoot on the changing table. It does not phase him when he gets his diaper changed. He squeals and gives happy screams.
- He laughs when I shake my head on his belly.
- He tolerates about 10 minutes of tummy time and has even begun to enjoy it somewhat....as far as I can tell, because he "who's" and sounds like an owl when he's on his tummy.
- When Seth is in a new surrounding or with a new person, he wears his inquisitive studious look: the furrowed brow. I laugh because everyone comments how he's so serious, but it couldn't be farther from the truth. He takes it all in and just watches.
- Seth consistently tips himself over on his back when he's doing tummy time. He gets so surprised when it happens as if he says, "How did I get here?"
- Jason took Seth on his first stroller ride outside last week and he liked it! Well, if you count falling asleep in his stroller by the time Jason finished the first block.
- Seth began physical therapy appointments for torticollis, which is basically a shortening of the neck muscle that's connected to your shoulder. We are doing stretches and positions to help strengthen the muscles on the left side of his neck and shoulder. He does not like the stretches, but we have lots of cuddles in between the exercises. We're trying to prevent Seth from having to wear a helmet if the shaping of his head does not improve from these exercises.

Here are some fun pictures!

March 3, 2010:
Wearing designer threads! I love this sweater. He was looking mighty cute for lunch with my mom at Panera Bread.

March 5, 2010:

Who puts their baby on the snow for a photo op! Seth clearly is a Minnesotan at heart - he took it all in stride.

I love how little babies look like penguins in their snowsuits. But putting Seth in the snowsuit was a chore. It's almost like you need to shimmy your baby's body into the snowsuit to actually get them in!

Seth has this look of "what is this thing?".

Seth sucking his thumb....sometimes he does, sometimes he doesn't! I'm hoping he continues to opt for a finger or fist, because his requests for mommy and daddy to hold the pacifier in his mouth for doesn't quite cut it!



This is the "after" picture....Seth was on his tummy and then tipped himself over.


March 6, 2010:
Jason took Seth for his first stroller ride on a beautiful Saturday afternoon.

March 8, 2010:
Tummy time: strengthening those shoulder and neck muscles!

March 9, 2010:
Seth batting Paulie the Polar Bear and Leo the Lion. He's figured out that if he keeps hitting the Paulie, the toy will make music.

More tummy time!

This was one evening when Jason had gotten home from work right before Seth had to go down for a nap, so I had to capture this sweet picture of Seth and his daddy.

It is my last full week being home full time with Seth before my maternity leave is up next week and I head back to work. I'm sad to leave my sweet boy, but he will be in good hands!

No comments:

Post a Comment