Friday, September 17, 2010

And then there were four

I was awakened at 4:30 this morning to Seth's piercing scream and then some whimpers. I laid in bed for a few seconds to see if Seth was just dreaming and perhaps drift back to sleep, but he began to cry so I got up to see what was going on. Seth's door was creaked open, so I peeked in to see what Seth was doing.

I always wondered about the sweet moment of walking into my baby's nursery with his hands on the top crib rail and his cherub smiling face peering over. I even envisioned the cute picture I was going to take of this sweet sight.

I just didn't think it was going to happen at 4:30 in the morning. It was supposed to happen after his nice two-hour morning nap.

I saw Seth take a little tumble as he was trying to figure out how to get himself back on his back in the crib, which made him cry more. I walked up to Seth's crib, peered in and what did I see?

Yep, one of the balls hanging from his sports mobile had been freed by Seth. At 4:30 in the morning.

Dern mobile. It was up on his crib one night too late. I should have seen the signs. Seth is fascinated by the mobile and trys to grab it anytime we walk past it. And two days ago he figured out to pull himself up to a kneeling position at exactly the right height. Waking up at 4:30am + pulling himself up = grabbing the mobile.

No comments:

Post a Comment