Sunday, May 15, 2011

Mother's Day

I love Mother's Day! I love being a mother and I feel so blessed that God has given me a wonderful son. Being a mommy is unlike any role I've experienced. Jason and Seth made me feel very special all day.

I am so lucky to have two wonderful women in my life, my mom and my mother in law, as great examples of being a mom.

The day started out really pleasant, so while Jason headed to church early to help out with the service, I let Seth take a little nap before getting him up and dressed for church. I needed to get Seth up by 10am and out the door by 10:20. Seth probably fell asleep 10 minutes before I needed to get him up. Bless his heart - I went into his room, opened the shades, rubbed his tummy and he would not budge! He was deep asleep. So I did what any other mommy would do. I grabbed my camera, because I have no pictures of my active little boy.

After a great sermon at church about Lydia and the working-out-of-the-home mother (Pastor Rick did a great job with a touchy subject among evangelical circles). I was really encouraged about being a diligent worker as I'm finishing up my career
at my company, but also how to be diligent in my new responsibilities as a stay-at-home mom.

We had a relaxing afternoon. I had a little treat of reading my commemorative edition of the TIME book on the Royal Wedding.

My parents, grandparents and Joyce came over for dinner and dessert later in the afternoon. Seth was tickled that all of his favorite people were together. I'm sure he thought they were all over at our house to play with him. Ha! He had a blast getting chased by my dad around the house.

It was such a great day!




No comments:

Post a Comment