Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Seth - 12 months!

Seth, our one-year old son. I'm sitting on the family room couch, computer on my lap. Just like I was doing exactly one year ago, the night before giving birth to our baby boy. My, oh my. How a year changes!

(Apologies for the large, LARGE pregnant belly picture.)


Seth, you are now a one year old! You are no longer an infant. You no longer stay in one place. The fragility of being a newborn is a distant past. Excuse me while I wipe the tears.

You are a mover, always moving from the chair to the couch to the bench to the toys on the floor and back again. Only a few weeks ago, you crawled everywhere and when we tried to encourage you to walk, you'd drop to your knees thinking that crawling was faster. Now, you're walking 5-6 steps across the room on your own. The look on your face says, "I'm walking - I'm really walking!"

When we're cooking in the kitchen, you want to be right alongside us. You'll stand next to us - one hand on our leg, the other waving in the air or your thumb in your mouth. Sometimes you let go and then you just stand by yourself, practicing your balance. You don't even realize you're standing by yourself.

I'm waiting for the big one-year appointment at the end of December to get the true facts, but our scale at home says your 22lbs.
Height:
Weight:
Clothes size: some 9 months, some 12 months
Shoe size: 4

Favorite foods: black beans, chicken, bananas, pears, pancakes, cheese, oatmeal with apples and yogurt. You really like food and have become very independent in feeding yourself. You like drinking out of a cup, but not a sippy cup despite our attempts at many styles of sippy cups. We haven't given juice to drink, just water or Mommy's milk.:)

You like to play games with us. One of your favorites is when Daddy says, "I'm going to get you!" and you turn around with a grin on your face and look for the nearest thing to crawl under or hide, like the piano, table or Mommy's lap.

Another game that you and Daddy play at the dinner table is when you both stare at each other and then you both start laughing at the same time. Daddy sure makes you laugh.

You've started giving Mommy toys when she asks for them. I practice signing and ask out loud at the same time, "Seth can I please have your toy?" with my hand outstretched. He gives me the toy and then I give it back to him. It's becoming a game now.:)

Seth takes two naps each day - one two-hour nap in the morning and one two-hour nap in the afternoon. He has even crawled to his room, stopped in front of his crib with his thumb in his mouth and waited for us to put him down for a nap. Seth goes to bed at 7pm and wakes up 7am. We rarely hear a peep from him at night. Sometimes he'll cry out for a second, but he's back to sleep so I'm not sure if he's had a nightmare.

As for the blue helmet Seth wears....the orthotist has said that he'll likely not need to wear it past the new year! Yay!! His head has been reshaped and looks SOOOO good. We are so glad we decided to have Seth wear the helmet.

It has been such a good, fun year filled with the blessing of growing, taking care of, loving and playing with Seth. We thank God for the healthy little boy He has given us to love and care for.






No comments:

Post a Comment