Thursday, December 2, 2010

Thanksgiving Weekend

I was so excited for Thanksgiving weekend. It's like the perfect kick-off weekend to the holidays. Not only that, but this was Seth's first-ever Thanksgiving dinner! I think I was more excited to give him his first big dinner than I was eating it myself....and that says ALOT!

We kicked the weekend off with a big dinner at Pannekoken to celebrate Dad's 60th BIRTHDAY - wahoo!! Mom, Dad, Jason, Seth and I had dinner together. It was a snowy day, so we were nearly the only people at the restaurant having dinner. Seth ate.so.much. It's like he had a hollow leg or something. First, he brocoli and cauliflower, then bananas, then half of my German potato pancake, then a bowl of applesauce.

Seth seems like an older baby now. He sits great in a highchair at the restaurant. He loves the commotion of being others and being out and about. He was enthralled with the pretty waitress and secretly touched her painted finger nails when she placed her hand on the table next to him while taking our order.

On Thanksgiving Day while Seth took a morning nap, Jason and I watched the Thanksgiving Macy Day parade. We headed over to my parent's house to celebrate with my parents, Joyce, Aunt Millie and Uncle Bruce, Grandma and Grandpa Teichroew, Kyle and Jenni. While we feasted on the big turkey dinner, I gave Seth his first Thanksgiving dinner:

Ha - ha! Seth didn't have the whole turkey drum. He had small bites of turkey, mashed potatoes and sweet potatoes. After dinner, Seth took a short nap while the adults sat upstairs, talked and played games.

Kyle made us play one of his crazy games he's always coming up with. It's never dull with him!

It was a big day for Seth - not only for experiencing Thanksgiving Dinner, but also because he started walking across the room - with help of our hands. :) We've been trying to encourage Seth to walk while we held his hands, but something about having 10 people in the audience encourage you really made a difference for Seth.

In a matter of minutes, Seth was walking across the room to me and then we'd turn him around and he'd walk across the room back to Uncle Bruce or Jason. I have a feeling he's going to be walking by the new year!

On Friday, Jason brought out the Christmas decorations and tree. Jason set up the tree while I decorated the rest of the house. It was a lot of fun and I love having the house all decorated, especially since we didn't decorate last year.

We celebrated my dad's 60th birthday on Saturday with a big birthday party. Alot of my extended family was there, along with Jayson, Jen, Kyle and Jenni. We had a lot of fun just being together.

I took Monday off so I could work on Seth's birthday party and his one-year baby book. It was nice to have the day off!












No comments:

Post a Comment